Saturday 1 September 2012

'Why do you write about the sea?' Liz Kessler

You might perhaps know that I write books about mermaids. If you do, you might possibly also know that I have a new book out this month. In fact, this week! It's called Emily Windsnap and the Land of the Midnight Sun. It is the fifth book in a series about a completely ordinary, modern girl called Emily Windsnap, who just happens to discover during a school swimming lesson that when she goes in water she becomes a mermaid.

People often ask me where I get the inspiration for these books. Well, this month, I would simply like to share something with you which I believe answers that question better than I could ever do with words.

It's something that I experienced a couple of weeks ago and was one of the most magical evenings of my life. I made a video of it, which I've been showing to as many people as possible because I just want to share this beautiful moment. So apologies if you've seen it before. Actually, scratch that, I make no apologies for giving you the chance to watch it twice!

So, get yourself a cuppa, or a bar of chocolate - or both. Settle down in your chair, get comfy, click the link below and treat yourself to a magical four minutes.

Huge Pod of Beautiful Dolphins in St Ives Bay

Love,
Liz x

Find out more about Liz (& this month's Emily Windsnap Friendship Festival!) on her Website
Follow Liz on Twitter
Join Liz's Facebook page

4 comments:

Lynne Garner said...

Have seen before and enjoyed watching again. Placed the link on my Facebook page and know loads of my mates enjoyed watching it.

I went dolphin watching to Gibraltar years ago and had a similar experience. It just confirms to me we must care for our seas as much as we do our land.

Thanks for sharing again.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! and the music is perfect for it.

Penny Dolan said...

Loved the sunset on the waves. Just beautiful.

(Commented for longer before but blogger/google ate the comment. Now let's see . . .)

Chinese Signage said...

well..i really like the character of your story. Mermaid is really such a interesting and inviting topic for the readers.